- AS 1141.33
- AS 3727
- Where doubt exists as to the acceptability of the fine content of base material or sand, it shall be tested in accordance with AS 1141.33, a summary of which is appended to this specification.
CommencementWork shall commence as soon as practical after, but not before,
(a) the Builder has issued:
- a written order
- the relevant contract drawings, specifications and schedule of work
- written approval of any details provided by the Contractor
GeneralAsphalt residential pavements within the property boundary shall be designed and constructed in accordance with AS 3727 Clause 10 and Table 4 Medium Duty, unless stated otherwise on the drawings.
Pavements outside the property boundary may be subject to additional local government or road authority requirements.
Pavement DesignUnless stated otherwise on the drawings, residential pavements shall comply with AS 3727 and the following:
- Areas subjected to pedestrian traffic only:
- 25 mm AC 5 on 100 mm base (Class S/M sites)
- 75 mm AC 5 full depth (Class S/M sites)
- 25 mm AC 5 on 50 mm of base (Class A sites)
- 50 mm AC 5 full depth (Class A sites)
- Areas subjected light vehicular traffic only:
- 30 mm AC 10 on 150 mm base (Class S/M sites)
- 100 mm AC 10 full depth (Class S/M sites)
- 30 mm AC 10 on 100 mm of base (Class A sites)
- 75 mm AC 10 full depth (Class A sites)
- Areas subjected to medium vehicular traffic:
- 35 mm AC 10 on 200 mm base (Class S/M sites)
- 125 mm AC 10 full depth (Class S/M sites)
- 35 mm AC 10 on 150 mm of base (Class A sites)
- 100 mm AC 10 full depth (Class A sites)
Drainage SystemThe completed pavement shall drain to gutters, channels or pits that are proportioned to remove all rainwater. See the specification for subgrade. Where water is likely to seep through the pavement and enter the subgrade, subsurface drainage pipes shall be provided to drain to the stormwater system. The lip of gutters, channels and drainage pits shall be 10 mm below the finished level of the adjacent pavement to ensure that it drains freely. Drainage pits shall include sub-surface inlet slot to remove subsurface water. All drainage and service trenches beneath the pavement shall be backfilled and compacted with base course material in layers not exceeding 150 mm in depth to 98% Standard Compaction to AS 1289.
See also Drainage Voids in Plumbing and Drainage?